Blue Star Custom Deluxe Mandoblaster -
Bruce Herron build me this little masterpiece.
This Mandoblaster is pure joy to play!
What might appear to be a rather classic mini-telecaster shape, proofs to be a clever ergonomic design. It has the right mix of scale, weight, string gauges and action. Bruce gave it a transparant finish (on my request) which looks awesome with the chrome hardware.
These are the specs:
- Solid 2-piece Poplar Body
- Thru body 4-piece adjustable bridge
- Maple neck with East Indian Rosewood fingerboard, Gibson 14" scale
- Dunlop Mandolin fretwire
- Mother of Pearl markers
- Bone nut
- 14-1 quality import bolt-thru tuners
- single coil pickup
- one volume and one tone control
- translucent black utilitarian finish
- stainless steel fasteners
- strung .010, .013, .026w, .036w
I play all styles and techniques with this instrument. From traditional Celtic to Rock slide. It accomodates it all very well (I restring for slide in open-G).
The "ringing" sound of this instrument gives it a very delicate character, which prevents it from getting too muddy when cranked up and distorted.
This is a versatile, adaptive and flexible mandolin, which turns heads and make people smile. An eyecatcher with a great voice.
You can find the standard models at Elderly, but you'll have to contact Bruce for the Custom builds.
Close Window or return to RyCooder.nl